www.anvesha.co.in is a humble effort to appreciate the richness of Assamese folk culture through the Internet, particularly the traditional musical instruments used in Assam. Similar to demographics of the region, the traditional musical instruments in the Assamese Culture, has their own uniqueness and specialty over the Folk music of the rest of India. It may be because Assam and its surrounding area has been influenced by almost all major primary civilizations in the Afro-Asian and European region, such as Aryan, Alpine, Mongoloid, Negroid etc. Every civilization has left its mark over the present Assamese Folk Culture, hence a wide variety of Musical Instruments are found in this region.
While, significant work on the Traditional Musical Instruments are carried out and published in Print Media, particularly in Assamese Language, very little information is available in English and over the internet. Moreover, due to drastic change in lifestyle of the people in the region, in last few decades, most of the traditional instruments and for that matter folk music, has lost in place in the social life of Assamese people. Now the situation is such that, it is the job of a few Professional Folk Artists to keep them from disappearing to oblivion, which is not a very prospective business. Read more
- To present before the world, the treasures of the Traditional Musical Instruments of Assam, their uses, preliminary lessons of playing them and constructional details through internet so that it becomes accessible from any part of the world to anyone interested
- Creating a bi-lingual ( Assamese and English) database on all traditional musical instruments of Assam, including specific instruments used by different tribes in the region, through an approach of systematic analysis and methodical documentation, with special emphasis on rare instruments
- Encouraging the Folk Artists and Artisans with greater exposure in the electronic media
- Providing links to resources to researchers
- To digitize and document relevant resources in the print media